Skip to main content

Writing Books About My Troublemaking Terrier

I decided I wanted to become a cartoonist when I was in first grade. I never talked to anyone. I was a quiet kid who just changed schools to one of French Immersion and found everything about school in general terribly monotonous.

So I entertained myself by drawing cartoons about video game characters like Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog, on manilla notebooks. They were hilarious cartoon novels (I had more way personality at 6 than 18) - and to this day I wish I could find those books.

I used to bring them home and when most kids would be happy to show their parent's their A or B - I was happy to show my mom my brand new book. Video games were my friends (they unfortunately still are).

When I got a little older, nine at this point I took art seriously and began to sketch portraits. I took an art class at 11 and got the highest marks in art class in grade 9.

Today I love doing digital video game fan art; I have a deviant art profile "Jaden Amber", and when I'm done with my Lara Croft sketch I'll post it.

I haven't been able to draw in a few weeks but I'll finish by the weekend, since I have some free time from all that studying I don't actually do.

This week I've been writing a lot, getting ready for my weekend release of my eBook series "Prissy Little Chloe" a cartoon novel about my trouble marking little yorkie Chloe.

The second book is holiday-themed - Chloe's favorite time of the year (I got her for Christmas a few years ago - come to think about it she hasn't changed a bit. Don't know if that's good or problematic.)
and my dog always wants to steal the attention on Christmas (and every other day), so she'll jump up on someone's lap, no matter what's already there.

When I try to take a picture of her she'll turn away, but always wants to be on Christmas videos, blocking gift opening and all.

When we're eating dinner, she weaves in between the chairs and scratches anyone's leg to get a scrap. Then you give her some and she turns her nose up at it and walks away. That's my girl!




Here she is on my sister's wedding dress. The photographers just had to get a shot. In fact they got a few shots of my dog on my sisters wedding day! She's so cute though, just likes to do whatever she wants.

Choosing what to write a cartoon children's series about was an honest no-brainer. It helped that I already had journal entries from the day I got her, so I just had to turn them into a book.

 Chloe may not be well-behaved but that's partly my fault. She's really very smart - too much for her own good. Dog has the sense enough to know when she's doing something wrong and still do it.

I taught her a lot of tricks though - sit, lie down, roll, beg - and trickier ones like paw, high-five; even combos like beg/high-five and lie down/paw, dance and play dead. She knows practically every trick in the book besides two very basic ones - come and stay.

You could only imagine what havoc comes of not being able to get a fast little dog to stay or come back. Except you don't have to because she runs down the street every single day.

The worst part is I taught her those "tricks". She just doesn't do them. She chooses not to fetch either.
You throw her blue bear (or what appears to have once been one) and she wants you to chase her around the place just to throw straggly thing.

It's actually much harder than it sounds and she's really fast for a 4-lbs dog. She starts running past you one way and when you try to grab her runs the other way. She can slip between doors ajar and through your legs.

I end up not minding so much touching the "bear" so I don't beaten at tag by a little terrier. I never win.

It becomes a real treat when I try to bathe her (she hates it) and she jumps out soapy water
and all and runs down the stairs and all over the house.

It takes ten whole minutes just to corner her. If she doesn't dart the other way when you try to grab her or slip through your legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EA Play 2017 Announcements

EA Play 2017   Madden NFL 18 EA's presser kicked off with a  Madden 18 trailer showing off its new Longshot campaign mode. Alongside FIFA 18 and the newly-refreshed NBA LIVE 18 , this looks to be a step in the right direction for the Madden NFL franchise - especially, in the last decade.  Watch the trailer Battlefield 1 -  Expansion  Battlefield 1 now has eight new maps, within its 'In the Name of the Tsar' expansion. This boasts new vehicles, weapons, the addition of a women's battalion and interestingly a new gameplay mode based off of player feedback, was teased. More about that will shared in August, at Gamescom. FIFA 18  The official trailer for FIFA 18 was shown, alongside a video of Cristiano Ronaldo performing motion capture. EA announced the return of Alex Hunter in the campaign mode. A Nintendo Switch version will also be released, although a 'lesser product' than the mainstream next-gen release. Watch the trailer Need for Speed

Review of the Alienware Graphics Amplifier

Laptop VS Desktop? Have both. What is a "graphics amplifier"? In essence an external GPU you can plug right into your system. Many companies have tried to release these onto the market, but sadly many haven't gotten past announcement phase. Users either resort to painstakingly building custom external graphics cards with components purchased all over the web or simply tossing aside their laptop and building a $10000 gaming PC for their graphics power needs. Both are acceptable, but Alienware and Razor (or any other company to announce one aain) give you another option: a mini-tower outfitted with a build-in PSU and cooling fan for your graphics power needs. Easier and More Flexible Wouldn't it be great to bring your laptop to work, coming back to your home office 2 hours later and gaming away as if it were that $10000 desktop? What a versatile workstation! No stray red, black and yellow cables sticking out of a shoebox or melted GPUs.

Level Design in God of War (Part 1)

Becoming the God of War God of War is one of the most-critically acclaimed franchises to ever hit the Playstation market. In this pipeline deconstruction, I will refer to elements of the series as a whole. Dominus the main character in concept, needed to be summed up in a single word -- wrath . Covered in the ash of his wife and child, the character is a demigod who seeks revenge on the gods who betrayed him. Once the artists stripped away his armor and shield, the character’s true raw, animalistic side was exposed. Tall with upper-body musculature, covered in ashes and hunched over with his signature Blades of Chaos, Dominus was a force to be reckoned with. Dominus set the stage for the today’s Playstation mascot -- Kratos. Level Design Mood and exploration is a staple part of level design in God of War . Areas that are more open are also relatively barren; while many objects are placed around smaller areas like rooms. I think this encourages the player’s sense o