Skip to main content

The Only TV Show I Watch - What Happened?

I'm not a huge tv-show watcher, but if I've grown up with a show, it's natural I'm going to continue to watch it as an adult.

The Simpsons is one of the longest running television shows on air - of course the longest running cartoon.

I watch The Walking Dead when I get the chance and I used to watch Game of Thrones but haven't caught up yet; and the one show I've been watching my whole life is The Simpsons and even that show's changed in the past five or so years.

Especially since the Actors for Troy McClure and Edna Krabappel sadly passed away (RIP Marcia Wallace and Phil Hartman), the show's naturally had to change things up.


The problem is I don't find the jokes to be as funny as they were in the 90s and early 2000s. I'm talking like seasons 5-12.

My favorite episode of all time is the one with Mindy in season 5, but I haven't watched the earlier seasons of The Simpsons in years, so I have to go back to find my all-time favorite episodes.

But for a 90s kid like me, it seems that a lot of shows are changing their recipe to appeal to 2015's crude humor. I for one like the classics.

The explosions every other episode and Bart getting into trouble at school is a rare sight. Homer hardly has good-enough reasons to really say "D'oh!" anymore.

What happened?

Some TV shows need to return to their roots - not to use a cliche but if it ain't broke seriously don't try to fix it.

It's nice that it's in HD to fit the shiny new flatscreens that go on sale for Black Friday, but I don't want a pretty cartoon - I want a funny one. I want The Simpsons 240p and all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Review - Part 3

FORZA MOTORSPORT 6: APEX Favorite Gameplay Component My favorite gameplay component of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is altering and tailoring my driving style to the conditions of the race. If ever I attempt to reach top-speed on a wet track such as Brands Hatch United Kingdom, the vehicle spins off track and out of control. That’s a challenge for me, as my strategy isn’t so much into drifting, but in staying as straight as possible, so that I can reach over to 200 km/h -- keeping within a controllable limit. Another method of mine I had to retire -- and this is coming from the likes of Asphalt 6: Airborne and Mario Kart Double Dash - - which is ramming into players. I quickly found out in a vehicle simulator under the laws of natural physics, this reduces my speed on impact. There are also frequent bottlenecks at turning points in the track; luckily I can use my best strategy and I find this to be the best opportunity to strategically slip past other cars when an opening ...

Creating Action Scenes for Concept Art

Creating Action Scenes Concept Art Tutorial  After wrapping up my first fanart series on NieR:Automata ( catch it right here ), I would like to start a new walk-through series right here, on how I create action scenes for entertainment art. So, let's jump into it! Step 1: Reference and Thumbnails To start building a reference board, I use a free app called PureRef; it allows you to take any reference images that you like, and lay them out in an organized collage.  One thing to keep in mind when creating thumbnails, is it’s best to get as  many  ideas as you can down on paper. Don't be intimidated by that! There are no wrong ideas and it doesn't matter if it looks rudimentary at this stage.  When creating thumbnail sketches, think of what you want to see as the main focus of the scene; so, in this case, I want to have the main character 2B slashing a large machine – something inspired by an in-game screenshot. Now, with a rough sketch of b...

Time Manipulation in Game Design

Time Manipulation in Games Introduction The gameplay mechanic that I wish I had come up with first, is Time Manipulation. This is includes the concept of time dilation and the reversal of time in games. Implementing the Manipulation of Time Time manipulation is a robust mechanic. It involves non-exploitable time manipulation, with the goal of being fast and smooth, while not computationally-taxing on memory or hardware resources. The best way to implement this mechanic can be seen in Braid - an indie platform and puzzle game, developed by Number None, Inc. In this game, the world state is recorded for every frame, where the data is stored and compressed. With the recorded frames, any changing entities are extracted and mixed into the final state, which can be manipulated or rewound by the player. The player’s position is recorded and other properties such as color and rotation are stored as an integer that can be reconstructed, along with time information taken fro...